SALAM ACADEMY FAMILY CONNECTION PROGRAM- SAFCP
Salam Academy's Family Connection Program is for the families that chose alternative
schooling choices; such as part time school, online/ cyber school and home-school their children. This program allows students to of all grade levels to interact with Salam Academy students. The
hope is that this will provide a stronger Muslim community bond in Albuquerque among our Muslim children and also provide academic opportunities that students have not had access to. The program
works like this:
- Parents or legal guardians of Alternative schools (Online/Cyber), home-school students
pay the registration fees and all testing fees.
- For these payments, the students would be allowed to compete in Salam Academy competitions
like the Ramadan competition, Hajj Competition, Science Fair, Spelling Bee, etc.. They could also take part in all after-school activities like Math club.
- They could have access to tutoring services for the same price as Salam Academy
- They would also be allowed to sit for the standardized testing that Salam Academy does each
- The students could go on field trips with the SA students in their respective grades provided
they were supervised by a parent or guardian.
- They would receive all SA parent emails so the attendance to these things would be at the
parent's discretion and parents would be responsible for making sure that their students attended.
For more information, please contact the Salam Academy office at 505- 888-7688 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Coordinator: Aamna
What is Family Connection Program?
Family Connection Program is full educational partnership between Salam Academy and the
families who are home‐schooling their children or using part time schools. Family Connection
Program is an alternative/ supportive program for students in all grade levels.
Consider these benefits:
- Shared responsibility for teaching and learning: parents and teachers work closely to meet the needs of each child
- Low student/teacher ratio
- Hands on learning experience possibility
- Students benefit from cooperative learning and multi‐family interaction
- Students become self‐directed life‐long learners
Parents of these students would pay the registration fees and all testing fees. For these payments,
- They would be allowed to compete in Salam Academy competitions like the Ramadan competition, Spelling Bee, etc.
- They could take part in afterschool activities like Math club, etc.
- They could have access to tutoring services for the same price as Salam Academy students, including Arabic & Islam tutoring.
- They would also be allowed to sit for the standardized testing that we do each year based on school’s schedule.
- We would allow them to go on field trips with the SA students provided they were supervised by a parent or guardian.
- They would receive all SA parent emails so the attendance to these things would be at their discretion and they would be responsible for making sure that their students attended.
- Parents can request guidance on Math, Social Studies, Science, Reading, Language, Arabic & Islam curriculum, and the State of New Mexico Standards and Benchmarks.
- Parents will have access to class websites to keep up to date on what regular students are doing at school at each grade level.
- Parents will be responsible for pick/drop on time of their children. Late fee will apply just like regular students.
- School will maintain Data folder on Family Connection Students and for a nominal fee parents will have access to school’s used online grading system.
What do I do to enroll my student in Family School?
Follow this convenient checklist:
- Fill out the application form and bring/mail/fax it in.
- We will call you once your form has been received.
- Meet with the Family School teacher/ coordinator.
- Pay all the required fees to the Budget manager.
- Make sure to leave your current phone number and email to the schools so you areadded in the listserv for updates on field trips and competitions.
- Pick the standardized testing calendar and be responsible in pick/drop of students on those schedules days/ timings.
- Come & bring family to the school’s open house and other events.
Tuition and Fees:
Registration Fee: (Will allow students to participate in all school competitions and events)
- $90 per child per year
for returning students
- $140 per child per year for new
Other Required Fees:
- $60 per child per year for GradeLink (Online Grading
- $80 per child per year for STAR Reading & Math, Arabic &
- $15/ hour after school tutoring or $30/ month for a group of 4
- Field Trip Fees (where
- Science Fair, Spelling Bee Competition Fee (Where