August 2009- July 2011
1. Image of the school:
1. “Salam Academy-Where Education Has No Limits” on
facebook Community pages
2. Contribution in ICNM’s Newsletter about the school’s update
3 Meetings with the ICNM Board
4. Meetings with the community
5. Increased enrollment from last year
6. Separate classrooms for all the grades (except where it was required to combine)
7. Hiring all qualified teachers
8. CYFD certification renewed for the Early Childhood program
9. School handbooks and Staff handbook re-wrote and updated
10. Classroom schedules revised and posted on the website
11. Grading portal introduced (in pilot stages) by principal
12. Hosting community events to involve community (e.g; Fun in the Sun event)
13. Free extra Math coaching to the middle school by Br. Khaled kassem
14. Classroom observation by the principal and the Board members
1. Needs based scholarship formalized with consultation with the donors
2. Penny Jars
3. Revitalized the PTO. Thanks to all PTO officers and members for supporting school through garage sales, food sales, boxtops, recycling, etc.
4. Use of GlobalMojo as search engine for generating money
5. Letters to several embassies
6. Letters to all the Islamic Centers/ organizations in US
7. Emails to the Islamic Schools in USA
8. Email chain on fund raising request and updates
9. Fundraisers at several masajids including, Santa Fe, Gallup, Kingsmen-AZ
10. Finding some anonymous donors
11. Several difficult decisions to cut on expenditures
12. Several grant applications submitted
13. Summer school offered
14. "Educate a Child" & "Building Fund" online fundraising on facebook Causes.
15. Yard Sales/ Food Sales
16. Reduced Meals Program (Under process)
8015 Mountain Road Place NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Phone: +1 505-888-7688
Fax: +1 505-888-7646
Or use our online form.
We can be reached during the following hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm during weekdays. School is closed on the weekends.
For summer office hours, please contact the school.