The affairs of S.A. shall be governed and managed by its Board of Directors, who shall have all the voting power of the Corporation (S.A.). All powers of the Corporation shall be within the Board of Directors and may be exercised and delegated by the Board. The Board supports and cooperates with the principal in the general administration of the school.
Each member of the Board of Directors must fulfill the following requirements to be eligible to fill his/her office:
1. Must be adult (18 years old minimum).
2. Live consistently with Islamic principles (Per Quran & authenticated Sunnah) in himself/herself as well as with his/her family.
3. Must not suffer from any mental and emotional disqualification.
4. Must be of righteous conduct and is truthful and trustworthy.
5. Capable of interacting with other members in a cooperative manner (in tile planning, decision making, and implementation of policies).
6. Must be appropriately qualified (Education, experience, etc.) for the position.
7. Willing to participate actively in tile duties of his/her position.
8. Be well known by his/her good character, manners, and participation in the community.
9. Must be settled in New Mexico or its vicinities for at least 2 years prior to be considered for the Board membership. (Article IV, Section 9)
A school board member should honor the high responsibility that his/her membership demands by thinking always in terms of “children first.”
1. Determine the organization's mission and purpose. It is the board's responsibility to create and review a statement of mission and purpose that articulates the organization's goals, means, and primary constituents served.
2. Select the school administrator/ principal. Boards must reach consensus on the administrator/ principal’s responsibilities and undertake a careful search to find the most qualified individual for the position.
3. Provide proper financial oversight. The board must approve the annual budget and ensure that proper financial controls are in place.
4. Ensure adequate resources. One of the board's foremost responsibilities is to secure adequate resources for the organization to fulfill its mission.
5. Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability. The board is ultimately responsible for ensuring adherence to legal standards and ethical norms.
6. Ensure effective organizational planning. Boards must actively participate in an overall planning process and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan's goals.
7. Recruit and orient new board members and assess board performance. All boards have a responsibility to articulate prerequisites for candidates, orient new members, and periodically and comprehensively evaluate their own performance.
8. Enhance the organization's public standing. The board should clearly articulate the organization's mission, accomplishments, and goals to the public and garner support from the community.
9. Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization's programs and services. The board's responsibility is to determine which programs are consistent with the organization's mission and to monitor their effectiveness.
10. Support the administrator/ principal and assess his or her performance. The board should ensure that the administrator/ principal have the moral and professional support he or she needs to further the goals of the organization.
8015 Mountain Road Place NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
Phone: +1 505-888-7688
Fax: +1 505-888-7646
Or use our online form.
We can be reached during the following hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm during weekdays. School is closed on the weekends.
For summer office hours, please contact the school.